HyperText Markup Language (HTML) is the standard markup language used to create web pages. A markup language is your way of making notes in a digital document that can be distinguished from regular text. It’s the most basic building block you’ll need for developing websites.
Hiring front-end developers?
HTML is THE skill which no front-end developer (or an aspiring front-end developer) is devoid of.
1. How is an HTML document structured?
2. Define Semantic elements in HTML.. Give an example.
3. What are inline elements and block-level elements in HTML? Can we change inline elements into block-level elements?
4. What is the difference between a tag and an element in HTML?
5. What is the difference between DIV and SPAN in HTML?
6. What is the advantage of collapsing white spaces in HTML?
8. How to create Frames? What Is A Frame set?
9. Why Meta tags are used in HTML?
10. What is Anchor tag? How can you open an URL into a new tab when clicked?
HTML5 Interview Questions
HTML5 is the most recent version of the HTML and also one of the most sought-after skills while hiring front-end developers. It is a language for structuring and displaying content for the World Wide Web, a core technology of the Internet.
1. What are the new APIs provided by the HTML5 standard? Give a brief description of any one of the APIs?
2. How is HTML5 application cache different from regular HTML browser cache?
3. What is the use of “<! DOCTYPE html>”? Why is it a must in HTML5?
4. Explain backward compatibility? Is HTML5 backward compatible with existing old browsers?
5. Explain the differences between sessionStorage and localStorage objects in HTML5?
6. Explain the significance of local storage concept in HTML5. State the difference between local storage and cookies.
7. What are the New Media Elements in HTML5? Is Canvas component utilized as a part of HTML5?
8. Explain Canva and SVG. Which of these is used widely for gaming applications and why?
9. How does the page structure of HTML 5 differ from older HTML Versions?
10. State the advantages of HTML5 over HTML.
Also, refer to this article for exclusive front-end development interview questions.
Before you invite your candidates for an onsite interview, make sure that you spend your time on the right candidates. Assess your candidates with a tailor-made assessment questionnaire with different levels of difficulty.
This pre-hire test is designed by our industrial experts for hiring software developers with 0-4 years of experience.
This pre-hire test is ideal for assessing programming ability of candidates with 4-6 years of work experience.